Chihuahuas High School Baseball Series Presented by Sarah Farms Kicks Off Tonight with Doubleheader
March 6, 2018
EL PASO – March 6, 2018 – The El Paso Chihuahuas High School Baseball Series presented by Sarah Farms kicks off with a doubleheader tonight, March 6th, when the Eastwood Troopers take on the Burgess Mustangs at Southwest University Park. Admission is free and open to the public. The nightcap will feature Franklin and Faith Christian.
The series, in its fourth season, gives local high school baseball athletes the chance to play on a Triple-A baseball field. The series features nine games with 17 area high schools participating. The baseball series concludes with the “Battle of the Southside” as Bowie will face Jefferson on Tuesday, April 24th at 6 p.m.
The games not only give high school athletes the chance to have the big-league experience, but also serve as a fundraiser for each team with a portion of each Chihuahuas ticket sold going back to the participating school.
A complete list of rules as well as details on the El Paso Chihuahuas High School Baseball Series can be found on the Chihuahuas website at EPChihuahuas.com.
El Paso Chihuahuas High School Baseball Series Schedule
Tuesday, March 6 Eastwood vs. Burgess 4 p.m.
Faith Christian vs. Franklin 7 p.m.
Friday, March 23 Fort Hancock vs. Cathedral 4 p.m.
Coronado vs. Pebble Hills 7 p.m.
Saturday, April 7 Ysleta vs. Horizon 7 p.m.
Tuesday, April 17 Hanks vs. Bel Air 6:30 p.m.
Saturday, April 21 Cobre vs. Faith Christian 7 p.m.
Monday, April 23 Chapin vs. Andress 6 p.m.
Tuesday, April 24 Bowie vs. Jefferson 6 p.m.
First team listed is the visitor.
El Paso Chihuahuas High School Baseball Series Southwest University Park Rules
- Fans will be admitted for free to Southwest University Park.
- Restrooms will be open at sections 109 and 115.
- Concessions will be provided at the discretion of the Chihuahuas and Spectra Food Services.
- Outside food WILL NOT will be permitted.
- The pre-determined home team will be allowed to bring a public address announcer and National Anthem performer.
- A public address announcer will not be provided by the Chihuahuas.
- The Chihuahuas will not provide an official scorer.
- The scoreboard at Southwest University Park will be available.
- Coaches must contact umpires to inform them of the location of the game.
- Players and coaches must come ready to play. NO ACCESS to clubhouses/locker rooms or hitting tunnels.
- Teams WILL NOT be allowed to take batting practice before the game. Teams will be allowed to take infield/outfield practice before the game.
- Please utilize downtown parking space where available. This does not include Ballpark VIP parking behind the stadium.
- Bus parking will be coordinated through Chihuahuas Account Executives, George Pinon & Austin Weber.
- Southwest University Park is a smoke free facility including e-cigarettes.
El Paso Chihuahuas High School Baseball Series Field Rules
- Please stay on the mound after throwing a pitch (Do not walk after every pitch to the catcher and receive the ball on the grass).
- Umpires please stand on the dirt down the foul lines; not in the grass.
- 2B and SS please play on the infield dirt and not right on the grass edge.
- 1B and 3B should stay on the dirt as much as possible for positioning.
- Warm up pre-game 20 ft. off the foul lines please (towards left-center and right-center field).
- Keep warm up swings on the warning track please, not in the foul territory grass while on deck.
- If sunflower seeds/gum are allowed please spit them in a cup and not all over the field/in front of the dugouts.
- Hitters please lay bats down at home plate; don't spike in into the turfgrass; please do not throw bats back towards dugout.
- Please only use one bullpen mound in each area.
- Pitchers, please do not dig a hole in front of the rubber.
- Please wear turf shoes as long as possible pregame; put your spikes on after warms-ups.
- Please dump all water and ice from coolers down dugout drains. Do not throw it on the field.